7 May 2014

FashFest Canberra 2014

FashFest is Canberra’s very own fashion week and this year’s event was the second of its kind. I didn’t attend last year so I made sure I got in early so I didn't miss the boat in getting tickets for Grace and I.

On a typical chilly Canberra night we joined a flock of fashion enthusiasts for the Friday night show in an empty warehouse space at Brindabella Park near the airport. The location was set with luxury cars lining the entry, dazzling lighting shining on the runway and awesome tunes filling the large open space. I was warned that the venue would be really cold so I planned a coat into my outfit. Though, of course my coat wasn't thick enough to ward off the icy chill in the warehouse so I sat through the fashion show a tad bit cold...

When Grace and I arrived we took a few photos along the entry next to the cars, had photos taken at the media wall, got asked “Who are you wearing?” (hashtag fashion moment!), ran to the bar to grab a glass of bubbly, and then finally made our way to our seats ready for the runway show to begin.

The designers who showcased their collections were pretty amazing and put on a great show. There were hot models rocking tiny bikinis, a collection with political statements, a sustainable clothing line and delicate, intricate millinery. The highlight of the show for me was the live music and female singers (they rapped!) in the background of the catwalk. It created such a funky, live music atmosphere.
*Side note - can you spot the light shadow shining on my mouth!*




I am wearing:
Coat - Duster Coat from ASOS
Dress - Leopard Cocktail Dress from Sheike (now on sale!)
Heels - Nude Pumps from Jo Mercer
Handbag - Saint Laurent (birthday pressie)







Grace is wearing:

Crop and Skirt - Both Chelsea Eve

Coat - Trench Coat from Asos

Shoes- Booties from Wittner

Bag - Vintage Chanel


Designers:


 Percivl Luto Jewellery - JETS Digital x Shelley Campton 

















FashFest finished with it's last show on Saturday and a trade buying show on Sunday so now the countdown is on again for next year!
xx MsBellaJean