4 November 2013

Derby Day


























Dress: Calvin Klein | Sunglasses: Celine | Shoes: Christian Louboutin | Head Piece: Vintage | Clutch: Colette | Belt: Calvin Klein | Watch: Michael Kors | Lipstick: M.A.C. - Please Me


In honour of the Spring Racing Carnival I decided that even though I wasn't planning on actually attending any horse racing events I had the perfect dress for the black and white tradition that is Derby Day anyway.

I knew of the most amazing location in my hometown of Canberra to emulate the roses at Flemington for the blog shoot - the magnificent rose gardens on the lawns of Old Parliament House. The roses are out in full force this time of year and I am so lucky I get to eat lunch here every day as I work close by.

Anyway back to the dress... I bought this sleek and simple Calvin Klein dress while on my US holiday last month at a Saks Fifth Avenue outlet store in Orlando. The outlet shopping in Orlando is ah-mazing! I bought this dress, a Michael Kors top and a French Connection skirt for less than $200USD. Even Brett went nuts with the shopping and he’s not a fan of retail therapy. He now has a footwear collection larger than mine!

Happy Spring Racing Carnival and good luck if you plan on betting for the Melbourne Cup tomorrow!

xx MsBellaJean

Photos by Brett C.